One of the book groups I follow allows the host to choose the book of the month; no rejections allowed. Deciding which books to read and discuss a year in advance can be daunting, especially if the intent is to interest as many readers as possible.
Always looking for new ideas for books to read, I like lists of books. And, if I’ve read many of them – all the better to look forward to revisiting a favorite story. Here is their list for next year; click on the books in red to read my review.
- January: The Secret Daughter by Shilipi Somaya Gowda
- February: Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- March: The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
- April: State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- May: Into Thin Air by Jack Krakauer
- June: Nina’s Journey by Nina Markovna
- July: Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck
- August: Old FILTH by Jane Gardam
- September: Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosney
- October: The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen