After returning a few books to the library unread, I picked up a whole new pile. I like having a selection – my personal lending library collection at home. Those I returned unread, for reasons ranging from not liking the cover to not having the time or the inclination to become absorbed in their drama:
- Joshilyn Jackson’s The Opposite of Everyone
- Margaret Atwood’s Hag-Seed
- Iona Grey’s Letters to the Lost
- Stephanie Danier’s Sweetbitter
I might try them again later – whenever the mood hits. Have you read any you think I should revisit?
Books checked out and waiting to be read:
- Alice Hoffman’s Faithful
- Marie Benedict’s The Other Einstein
- A.L. Kennedy’s Serious Sweet
- J.D. Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy
- Ian McGuire’s North Water
- Jenny Colgan’s The Bookshop Around the Corner
- Gale Forman’s Leave Me
- William Trevor’s Love and Summer
- Jeffrey Archer’s This Was a Man
If you get to any of them before me, let me know how you liked the read.
I read Leave Me a few months ago, it was good (not great). My book club is reading Hillbilly Elegy in February!
I have Hillbilly Elegy on my stacking of to read books. Not sure it’s going to make me feel good though.
Just downloaded Hillbilly Elegy sample – looks good!
Thanks – It’s overdue at the library but maybe I’ll hang on to it.