Twenty new books on my wish list – most by authors I have enjoyed before. I know I have missed some – let me know if you have any to add. * Books I plan to read first.
- The Queens’s Fortune by Allison Pataki (historical fiction of Napoleon’s Josephine, written by the author of Sisi
- Simon the Fiddler by Paulette Jiles (author of News of the World)
- Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler (Tyler takes us back to Baltimore) *
- The Sea of Lost Girls by Carol Goodman (another Gothic thriller by the author of The Lake of Dead Languages
- Perfect Little Children by Sophie Hannah (psychological suspense thriller)
- Beach Read by Emily Henry (quirky romance)
- The Guest List by Lucy Filey (murder mystery)
- The Paris Hours by Alex George (One day in the lives of four characters in 1920s Paris)
- The Library of Legends by Janie Chang (historical novel with a group of students, fleeing across China to escape the war with Japan.
- The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd (if Jesus were married…)
- Hid from Our Eyes by Julia Spencer Fleming (a new Clare Ferguson mystery)
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune (magic, secrets, and danger)
- You Never Forget Your First by Alexis Coe (humorous biography of George Washington
- The Authenticity Project by Claire Pooley (a Sopie Kinsella like book)
- Rodham by Curtis Sittenfeld (if only Hilary had not married him) *
- The Book of V. by Anna Solomon (historical fiction with three women’s lives intersecting across centuries)
- Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore (funny age swap story)
- Abigail by Magda Szabo (coming of age story set in Hungary before the Nazi invasion)
- Weather by Jennifer Offill (author of Dept. of Speculation)
- I’d Give Anything by Marisa de los Santos (author of Belong to Me)
Have you read any of these on my list?